Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services Ltd Customer Privacy Notice
Effective 25 May 2018
At Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services Ltd (PCHMS) we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and that data is used in accordance with the data protection legislation in force in England and Wales.
This privacy notice sets out why we collect personal information from you, how we use it and who we may share it with. It also explains your individual rights under the current data protection legislation.
If we ask you to provide information which can identify you, then we will only use it in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this notice by updating it on our website. You should check the notice from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes
Any queries regarding this notice and our privacy practices can be sent to the company Data Protection Officer by email using email@example.com or by writing to the Head of Governance at -
Plymouth Community Homes Plumer House
Plymouth PL6 5DH
Alternatively you can telephone us on 0808 230 6500
Who we are
Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Plymouth Community Homes. The principal activity of PCHMS is the manufacture and sale of windows, doors, joinery and signs to customers outside the PCH Group. Our registration number is 07001677. Our registered office is Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill Plymouth, PL6 5DH
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services Limited is a Data Controller
Why we collect information
We collect and process personal information about you for the performance of a contract that you have either entered into either directly as a customer or as part of a wider contract with another organisation. This is the legal basis for carrying out our activities. We need your information to provide the product and services that have requested from us. We may also have a legitimate business interest in processing your data for the purposes of providing marketing information about our products and services.
What information we collect about you
The information we may collect about you includes:
• Contact details
This information will either be supplied by you directly or by another organisation /contractor for whom we are working.
How we collect your information
PCHMS collects information from you when you make an enquiry and place an order. When we undertake work for another organisation/contractor they may share personal information with us to allow us to fulfil that work. We will process this data in accordance with the written instructions of the contractor.
What we do with it
We will use the information you give us:
• to provide the service that you request from us
• for internal record keeping
• with your consent, to occasionally send you promotional e mails about new products, special
offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
• To contact you by phone, e mail, or post for a customer satisfaction survey, which we will use
to make improvements. It is optional for you to respond to this.
• to comply with our legal obligations
How long we keep your information
We will only store your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to fulfil the purposes set out in this notice. We will then securely dispose of your information unless your product is covered under warranty when we will keep your information for the duration of the warranty. If we are in dispute with you, we will keep your information until legal proceedings have ended.
Sharing your information
We will only share your information:
• with contractors who are working on our behalf to install the product
• to register your installation with the relevant trade/government bodies
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and process.
Whilst the majority of the IT systems that we use are based within the UK, PCHMS may use the following, which means that your data may be stored electronically outside of Europe.
• Survey Monkey
• Microsoft Cloud
Your Rights in relation to your personal data
In certain circumstances, data protection legislation gives you a number of individual rights in relation to your personal data. These are as follows:
• The Right to be Informed about how your data is managed – this right is met by this privacy notice and a range of other notices which relate to specific aspects of PCH, such as the CCTV privacy notice and the website privacy notice.
• The Right of Access to your personal information – so that you can be aware of and verify what personal data we hold. Click here for details on how to apply for this right.
• The Right of Rectification – to have any personal data corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
• The Right of Erasure of your personal data – this only applies in certain circumstances, such as where you have given consent for us to hold information and you withdraw that consent.
• The Right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances you have the right to block or restrict how we process your data;
• The Right to data portability – which in certain circumstances allows you to obtain obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
• The Right to object – in certain circumstances, to the processing of personal data. In particular you have the right to object to being sent direct marketing information.
• The Right not to be subject to automated decision making – PCHMS does not do this
More information on the individual rights and how they apply can be obtained by clicking here, or you can visit the ICO Website
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact:
Plymouth Community Homes Plumer House
Alternatively, you can make a request electronically, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Governance Team on 01752 388134 or 388152
Making a complaint
If you believe that Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services has not handled your personal information correctly you have the right to make a complaint. You can raise a complaint in a number of different ways:
• To a PCHMS staff member
• At our offices at Prince Rock, Macadam Road, Plymouth, PL4 0RZ
• Through our website
• By telephone
• In writing
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of PCHMS collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests should be sent to the PCH Data Protection Officer at the Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill, Plymouth, PL6 5DH.
If you or someone you know would like this information in large print, braille, or translated into another language, please contact our Communications Team on 0808 230 6500 ore mail email@example.com
Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Service
Registered Office: Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Plymouth, PL6 5DH
Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services is part of the Plymouth Community Homes Group.
Plymouth Community Homes Ltd is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (which consolidates the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts) and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (registration 30637R) and the Regulator of Social Housing (registration L4543).
At the time of issuing this Notice, Plymouth Community Homes Ltd has three wholly owned subsidiaries, Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services Ltd (PCHMS), company number 07001677, Plymouth Community Homes Regeneration Company Ltd (PCHR), company number 7272688 and Plymouth Community Homes Energy Ltd (PCHE), company number 8028170. All three subsidiaries are incorporated under the Companies Act 2006.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel: 0800 111 4328