The joinery workshop at PCH Manufacturing are trained to produce products using Accoya wood alongside other softwood and hardwood products.
Accoya is a type of modified timber which uses a cutting-edge patented technology, enabling it to resist rot, defy the elements and stay strong for decades. Guaranteed for 50 years above ground and 25 years in ground or freshwater, Accoya wood is often used because of its consistent quality, durability and stability including wooden decking, wooden cladding, windows, doors, fences and much more.
Accoya starts life as a fast-growing pine tree grown in managed forests. The pine tree is harvested once it reaches maturity at around the 30-year mark and is introduced to a modification process as a plank or beam (acetylation) using acetic acid. This process creates extremely dimensionally stable and durable wood.
Every piece of Accoya has been modified through to its core, providing the same performance and protection no matter how the wood is cut, planed, drilled, shaped, or more.
Benefits of choosing Accoya wood include:
- Swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more meaning that doors and window open effortlessly all year round
- Natural insulation compared with commonly used hardwood and softwood products
- Barefoot friendly! Splinters are a lot less than other woods making it perfect for decking
- Comparable in colour to the original source products, so that you can achieve a natural look or it may be easily coated in a wide range of colour finishes
- Coatings last up to two-times longer meaning reduced maintenance costs
As well as a wide range of benefits, Accoya wood is produced from well managed sustainable sources including FSC®, PEFC™ and other regionally certified woods using a non-toxic process that protects the environment from the harmful effects of common treatments. Products made from Accoya wood can also be safely reused, recycled and incinerated.
If you are interested in using Accoya wood for your new product, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 111 4328.